Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Day of Kindergarten

I can't believe it--my baby started kindergarten today.

Cue the crying!

She was so much more nervous than I expected her to be and I was by far more weepy than I expected to be. I've decided that the first day of kindergarten is solely to torture Moms! ;)

Carly was nervous too--she packed a play backpack full of who-knows-what and declared that "she was packing up and going to school with sissy too!". (I wanted to do the same thing, so who could blame her!)

Despite the worries and bittersweet feelings, she headed off this morning and became a big-school-age-kid.

She was exhausted when she arrived home, but I think she had a great day and will LOVE kindergarten--she's been ready for this for a while!

She's ready!
A fake smile--she was not so excited about the pics this AM!


With a neighbor friend at the bus-stop


Carly scowling at me "I AM going to go with sissy. I AM." (Notice the backpack.)


Off she goes


Gone and my tears flowed!

1 comment:

your mom said...

Wow,
Again great pictures, Kim! I am so sad for you...hard to believe that the pumpkins will be in kindergarten in only 2 years! Hope you are doing well!